Version 0.1.0 has been released.
[ Download it ]
This is a very simple and fast plugin that will allow you to rotate a group of images randomly anywhere in your theme.
It’s not really designed for an image gallery – there are better plugins for that.
This plugin is meant more for possibly rotating a header image, background image, use in a widget, etc.
It’s not plug-and-play – you will have to add simple php to your template files wherever you’d like it to show up.
We created this plugin for a very simple need we had – to rotate a random “slogan” next to our banner. We thought others might have the same (or similar) needs.
Installation & Use
- Install and activate the plugin
- When you activate, it should create a folder called images in the plugin dir (/plugins/image-rotate/images/)
- Place your images in that dir
- add the code to any template where you want the images to randomly rotate:random_image_rotate();
options to random_image_rotate()
- `random_image_rotate()` => will output just the image url so you can style / include it however you want. http://www.domain.com/image.jpg
- `random_image_rotate(“src”)` => will include the src tag <img src=”http://www.domain.com/image.jpg”/>
- `random_image_rotate(“div”)` => will include a div tag <div id = “random-image-rotate”><img src=”http://www.domain.com/image.jpg”/></div>
#2 & #3 are the easiest to implement.
If you deactivate, the images folder will be removed!